Saturday 28 September 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Creme Foundation

Hello friends,

   Recently I have been travelling a lot for work commitment. It is an event where I have to be under the sun for a long period of time. Other than having a good sunblock it is really important for me to have a good foundation that stays long on the skin since I will surrounded by heat and of course taking a lot of photos (Plus I dont have time to do touch ups).

  I have been trying a lot of foundations recently but honestly nothing can beat the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. Although the setting sprays might be one of the reason that held the foundation well on my skin (reviews coming up soon!) or pressed powder, but personally I think the major contributor will still be this whipped creme foundation.



  To start off, this foundation is in whipped creme texture. It is light on the skin and you do not need a ton of it to achieve flawless coverage. I personally am in LOVE with this foundation for it's texture and coverage provided. You just need a little bit of the product for your whole face. I recommend you guys to apply this foundation with a flat top brush or foundation brush as it distribute the product more evenly as well as more coverage.



  As for the staying power, honestly I think it does stays longer than 24 hours. I wore this foundation from 6am to 11 pm and it stays perfectly well (I know did not test it for 24 hours but I mean who wears foundation that long right?). I am not sure whether the pressed powder helps but I don't think a bad foundation will stays longer than this whipped foundation even with the help of pressed powder.

  This foundation however comes in only 4 shades. I know, I am quite shocked at first for the shades offered. But I guess we have to work with what we have right? I am in a shade "Nude" which is a bit lighter than my skintone, but since the shades next to nude is too dark for me, I went with nude instead. No worries, with a little help from the pressed powder and blusher, it worked well on me.

 The other thing that I love about this foundation is that it comes in a beautiful packaging (although it is not travel friendly). It is packaged in a glass jar and it is decently heavy.



Summary:

Availability : Available at the 3 main drugstores in Malaysia (watsons, guardian and caring). 5/5 
Available shades : Limited. Only 4 shades. 2/5
Coverage : Full coverage. 5/5
Scent : Mild scent. 3.5/5
Lasting power : Long lasting. Can stay up to 16 hours for a person who has a very oily skin like I do. 4.5/5
Packaging : Beautiful glass jar however it is not travel friendly. 2.5/5
Price : A little expensive (RM69.90). 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment