Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Face Shop Big Mascara

Since late last year, I’ve been using a new tube of Mascara which I thought was quite interesting: THE FACE SHOP’S  Freshian Big Mascara.



Quite honestly, this is the first cosmetic I’ve ever tried from the brand but since Korean products have been working so well on me so far, why not right?

When it comes to mascaras, I only look for 2 things; Length & Fullness.
Yes girls, there’s a difference between fullness and a god-awful clumpy formula.
Here are the swatches of the mascara on my eyelashes.


   Without Mascara

Left Eye: One coat. Right Eye: No mascara.
Left Eye: Two coats. Right Eye: No mascara.
What a difference!
Both eyes: Two coats

Both eyes: Two coats.
Length comparison.

PRODUCT:

This is definitely not for the heavy duty mascara girls. The formula is actually quite thin. This may be a good or bad thing, depending on what you’re into..

If you love the natural look and just wanna put a little bit more emphasis on your lashes, this is the mascara for you!
The thin formula perfectly coats each of your eyelashes for a little ‘pop’.
Add another coat on for length and fullness.

But if you’re into the heavy mascara look (Pile on the mascara till it looks like you have fake lashes [or a bunch of dead spider’s legs] on) , then this is not for you.
You’ll end up spending more of your precious time putting on layers of this mascara (like 3 or even 4!) to get the look you want.

Mascara Tip!

Personally,  I will never bother buying multiple mascaras based on the look that I want. Luckily for me, I have a secret weapon, a base mascara!

(Just in case you don’t know, a base mascara normally has a white colored formula and is rich in fiber [NOT the kind you eat of course]. The fiber coats your lashes making them look thicker and does wonders at extending the length of your individual lashes.)

So if I have a night out and need something more heavy, I’ll just put on some base mascara before this black one and… ta-dah! Done!

PRICE:

I got this tube overseas for just about RM 15 (On sale!). A great deal considering a simple tube of mascara can go up to RM 40++ in a drugstore! I’ve been using this tube since August, so safe to say that it’s quite value for money (Or I just don’t use mascara’s that often. Meh.) In Malaysia, this might be in the vicinity of  RM 18 to RM 26++ (It really depends on The Face Malaysia). But if it’s below RM 25, it’s worth a buy.

REPURCHASING: 

I personally don’t wear make up THAT much. I might put in a little bit of effort for work and on dates, but that’s pretty much it. With that being said, I don’t mind buying something else. But this is a good staple to keep in your office desk drawer. I’d totally repurchase for the sake of the occasional cute-guy-comes-by-the-office situations. *Winks*

Till next time,
xoxo
Reina Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment