Tuesday 4 June 2013

TOP 3 DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION


Hi everyone,

This should be the first post made in this blog so I am going to make it as simple and short as possible. This will be the first product review written by us and I hope this post will make a good start. 

Many ladies out there who are on a tight budget or price conscious will most likely choose to buy make-up products from the drugstore. In Malaysia there are 3 main drugstores which are Watsons, Guardian and Caring. So here, I am going to review my "TOP 3 LIQUID FOUNDATIONS" from the drugstore. Although harga liquid foundations dekat drugstore lebih reasonable and offers more value for money, tak semestinya the quality of the product lebih rendah dari high-end products. 

So here, I am going to list top 3 liquid foundations from the drugstore which offers good quality with reasonable price. 


1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation

This may not be a surprise for people who are active in the beauty community. This foundation is all over blogs, youtubes and other social medias. It has high coverage, comparable with high-end foundations like MAC Studio Fix Fluid. 

Suitable for people who have oily or combination skin. Stays on well on the skin. Boleh tahan lebih dari 8 jam (based on my experience). Price wise, it's affordable, not to say it is the most murah foundation you can get in the drugstore, but for the quality it is worth the hype product. 

Summary:

Availability : Available at the 3 main drugstores in Malaysia. 5/5 
Available shades : Limited. Only 6 shades. 2/5
Coverage : Medium to full coverage. Depends on how you apply it. For full coverage you can use flat top synthetic brush. 4.5/5
Scent : Mild scent. 3.5/5
Lasting power : Long lasting. Can stay up to 8 hours for a person who has a very oily skin like I do. 4.5/5
Packaging : No pump which rise hygiene issues. 3/5
Price : Reasonable. 3.5/5

2. Loreal True Match Foundation.


This is also a liquid foundation that has gone viral over the beauty community. At first I am a little sceptical with this foundation thinking maybe this is another overrated products out there. But oh boy was I wrong. This is a foundation that covers up amazingly. Lagi-lagi I have post acne scars yang takes a very long time untuk hilang. So in the mean time, liquid foundation is my saviour. 

Similar to Revlon colorstay, it is comparable with high-end products yang price-nya melampau-lampau. Fortunately, this foundation comes with a pump which makes my life much much easier. It is also long lasting but frankly speaking, it does not last as long as the Revlon colorstay. Nonetheless, it is still a good drugstore liquid foundation.

Summary:


Availability : Available at the 3 main drugstores in Malaysia. 5/5 
Available shades : Limited. Only 9 shades. 2.5/5
Coverage : Medium to full coverage. Depends on how you apply it. For full coverage you can use flat top synthetic brush. 4.5/5
Scent : Mild scent. 3.5/5
Lasting power : Long lasting. Can stay up to 6 hours for a person who has a very oily skin like I do. 4/5
Packaging : 5/5
Price : RM 50 ++ ( Can't remember the exact price ) Reasonable. 3.5/5

3. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation



Honestly I find this foundation to be underrated. I have never heard any beauty gurus on youtube who have talked about this foundation. This is a full coverage foundation which did not require you to go for second layer as it can be a little bit heavy. So for those of you who prefer lightweight foundation, then this foundation might not be for you.

But as for me, since I am always on a hunt for a full coverage foundation, this has to be on this list. It stays on very well on my skin and I find out that the longer I use this on my skin, the better my skin looks like. I hate when foundation looks good on my skin when I first applied and looked really bad on the next few hours. 

This foundation comes with a pump as well which is always a plus for me. However, after you apply this foundation, you will have to let it sit on the skin for few minutes before applying the setting powder as it takes a little longer to set on the skin. But other than that, I do recommend this liquid foundation.



Summary:


Availability : Limited. As far as I know it is only available in Watsons and Guardian. 3.5/5 
Available shades : Limited. Only 7-8 shades. 2.5/5
Coverage : Full coverage. To achieve the full coverage you can use flat top synthetic brush. 4.5/5
Scent : Mild scent. 3.5/5
Lasting power : Long lasting. Can stay up to 6 hours for a person who has a very oily skin like I do. 4/5
Packaging : 5/5
Price : RM 45 ++ ( Can't remember the exact price ) Reasonable. 3.5/5


Love,
Nurul Gan 

3 comments:

  1. Very convenient and helpful! Hopefully you can do a review other than foundations in the future. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Glad that you find it helpful. Don't forget to follow us here and on our social media for more updates. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hello. May i know which watsons/gaurdian that have rimmel products?

    ReplyDelete